It is June! Almost half of the year is gone! What the heck?! I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to a (hopefully) relaxing weekend—some yoga, watching some roller derby (and knitting at the event center), cleaning my house a bit (in a perfect world; it’s gotten to the point where I want to take a day off from work to just clean all the things). What are you up to this weekend?
- Pemberley by Ann Kingstone will be available in a book coming out this month. In the meantime, we can drool together over the lovely colorwork panel. Sigh.
- I want to knit a Hana Hou. I need a ukelele first, so that I can size it to fit. Who wants to buy me a ukelele? Knitty’s Amy Singer has a fun and informative blog post on trying out a ukelele, if you want to join me in creating an internet-sensation ukelele band. I’ve kind of got my eye on this one. AND Knitty is hosting a contest for WWKIP week, June 11–19. More details in this blog post.
- Ashley Knowlton’s Summer’s Day cardigan is a sweet little number with set-in sleeves and a lace edging all around. And what a fantastic color!
- Kudzu sucks, but this lovely Kudzu Shawlette doesn’t! Available for free in the Classic Elite Yarns web-letter and designed by Rachel Henry, this shawlette is gorgeous in the Cotton Bam Boo suggested. Look for a plant-based fiber with excellent drape, or a lofty wool for a warmer shawlette, if you opt to branch out.
- This fantastic stop-animation video features a lot of knitting! I think my favorite part is the octopus.
- I’m a little bit of a sucker for socks with traveling stitches (see Cookie A’s Thelonius socks, aka February’s finished socks). So I’m seriously digging these Nathania socks by Elke Becker, with the simple stockinette base and easy traveling lace panel. I do not need to queue more socks, I do not need to queue more socks, I do not need to queue more socks…
- Jen Hagan over at Figknits is holding a month-long Junebug Contest, which actually has nothing to do with junebugs and everything to do with celebrating folks who were born in June (including Jen herself!). Giveaway days sound like they’ll happen fairly frequently, so check back often!
Categories: Friday Finds