My sock goal for this month is just not going to happen. I had a feeling it wouldn’t anyway, but then this happened…
…and to be honest, I really can’t be bothered to give a damn. From the start, I’ve been a bit iffy about this pattern. It’s a beautiful sock, but it just doesn’t feel me, ya know?
For instance, socks, for me, on size 1s are usually worked over 60–64 stitches. These call for 72 stitches on size 1s, and given my tension issues, I was working them on 0s, and they’re still a bit loose around the cuff. It was hard to work on these this month, when I’ve been out and about for work so much and the cable motif is not repeated, therefore not really memorable.
The yarn, Claudia Handpainted, is really pretty and very soft, but I’ve found some serious irregularities with the plying and a couple of small, mostly forgettable knots.
So really… I’m just done with these. Well, this sock, as I was only ever close to finishing the first one when I totally rain out of yarn. It’s just not meant to be.
So I’m taking this as a sign to focus on my Elemental Boatneck—I just have to knit the sleeves!—and will most likely jump back onto the sock plan in July. (I say “most likely” because I’ve got to get ready and pack up for my move at the end of the month, so who knows what kind of knitting there will be.)