Last Friday Finds for the month of August! I’m excited for September. September HAS to mean autumn. HAS TO. I will accept nothing else.
- One of my Sarahs pointed this out to me: “the easiest knitted zipper install ever.” I’ve only installed a zipper once, but this seems really, really clever and I will be trying this in the future.
- Kirsten Hipskey’s Silverscape Cardigan (US$2.99) is a simple, open cardigan with lovely radiating lines swirling around the cuffs and yoke.
- I love the design of Barbara Benson’s Atreides (US$6) shawl. Plus, a sci-fi reference is always a win in my book. 🙂
- Alexandra Tinsley’s newest pattern, Speedline (US$5.50) is a hip long shawlette and would be perfect for using up remnants in the contrast color.
- Taos (US$5.95) by Kate Elsa is a classic button-down cardigan with an eyelet yoke. Love the bright yellow yarn with blue buttons.
- Squishy garter stitch? Check. Cheerful colorblocks? Check. A fantastic fall accessory? Check. Craig Rosenfeld’s Carlisle (US$6) has it all. Again, this would likely be a good project for using up leftover sock yarns, though I am not going to tell you not to buy four skeins of Madelinetosh Sock, if that’s the way you want to go. It’s a good way.
- I see a theme emerging to this week’s finds: texture. Especially in the yoke. Faina Goberstein’s Star Pullover has alternating textures between the body and the yoke in this classic-silhouetted pullover. Love the button tab details, too.
- There’s a new KnitCircus out, and it’s another winner! Some of my faves: Furlough Socks, Dolcetto, Mica Cowl, Ruckle, August Pansy Shawl, Relevé, and the Candy Apple Scones. Yeah, that last one’s not actually a knitting pattern. BUT THEY SOUND DELICIOUS.
Categories: Friday Finds