Happy Friday! We’re staring down a cold and snowy weekend in Colorado, so basically, my plan is to stay inside as much as possible and knit away! Probably on the couch with a movie queue piled next to the blu-ray player. What are your favorite “homebody weekend” movies?
- Slipping Ridge (free) by Kathryn C. features a slipped stitch pattern that I think would be really great for highly variegated socks. Plus, they look pretty awesome in this solid color as well!
- You all know I have a mitten problem, but how cute are these Fox in the Snow Mittens (free) from Patons? SO CUTE. I really want a pair.
- Bonnie Sennot’s Biscuit infinity scarf ($5) features a simple textured stitch and lace edging.
- Woodstove Season ($6.50) by Alicia Plummer is a classic cardigan shape with simply textured fronts and a chevron texture on the back.
- The classic Granny Square blanket gets a simple yet contemporary upgrade in Purl Bee’s Granny Stripe Blanket (free). I’ve frequently said I wanted to crochet a yarn-scraps blanket, and I think this stripe version will definitely be a contender. (Let’s face it, I probably have enough yarn scraps to do a traditional Granny Square afghan AND a Granny Stripe blanket, because I’m ridiculous.)
- The Birthday Shawl (£3.50) from Kate’s Twirl is a lovely little shawl with a garter stitch body and sawtooth-inspired edging.
All photographs are taking from the individual Ravelry pattern pages unless otherwise noted. No copyright infringement intended.
Categories: Friday Finds