June is a jam-packed month for me, involving some travel and very busy weekends. I’m partly looking forward to everything, and I partly just really want a break. And I’m getting a little bit of one! Not nearly as much as I’d like, but beggars and choosers and all that.
So, what’s going on in June that’s got me excited?
1. My first violin recital, which happens to be tonight. I’m equal parts excited and “omg why did I sign up for this?”
2. Tomorrow my friend Caitlin and I are going to Denver Comic Con! I’m looking forward to going and seeing how this con is different from the …two? others I’ve attended.
3. Season 3 of Teen Wolf! This show is cracktastic and awesome and I’m so excited for a full 22 episode season and something new to watch every week this summer.
4. Next weekend is Estes Park Wool Market! I’m hoping I can be very good and not buy yarn (especially since I bought two new skeins on Thursday, in addition to the last skein I need for my cardigan, oops).
Photo from Independent Stitch Blog
5. Aforementioned vacation. I’m not really going anywhere exciting (except to Ikea for part of one day, to look for a new couch), but I’m taking two days off work—my first real vacation days this year—and aside from couch shopping, I am also house and pet sitting for a couple of friends while they’re out of town. Said friends have the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, and Lord of the Rings games, so I’ve pretty much determined that at least one of those days off is going to involve me not moving from their couch for the better part of the day, and I’m really, really okay with that.
6. More movies! Much Ado About Nothing opens this Friday (though it doesn’t come to our independent theater until July), as does Violet and Daisy, which just sounds kind of crazy awesome. And Monsters U!
So those are my super six awesome things happening in June right now. What are you looking forward to this month?