This is a little bit later than I like to post these, and a little bit more low-key. After the hecticness of moving in July, I’m really looking forward to settling into my new apartment and making it feel like home. That’s not to say that there aren’t some awesome things happening this month!
1. The Wolverine. Yes, technically this came out last month, but I haven’t had a chance to see it yet. I’m a sucker for stories about that prickly Canuck.
2. Getting back to crafting and showing it off! I finished a tee in July but I haven’t had a chance to take any pictures. I’m almost done with a pair of socks, and a crochet blanket (that’s a 35ish year old WIP; story to come).
3. Comics! I’ve been a little down the rabbit hole with comics lately and am more-quickly-than-probably-necessary amassing a small collection. My favorite at the moment is Wonder Woman: Odyssey (originated by J. Michael Straczynski, who also had a hand in creating Babylon 5, so…).
4. Peaches! August is Palisade peach season and I can’t wait to get a box and hopefully make some peach bourbon jam.
5. Nesting. I am really excited about my new apartment and can’t wait until everything is put away and it really feels like home. So of course I’m blogging instead of actually unpacking anything.
6. August is mostly a slow month for me, and that’s kind of awesome. I can’t think of anything else that’s happening this month that I really want to share and I kind of like that. I can be laid back and store up mental energy for the next great adventure.
What are you looking forward to this month?