Happy first official day of Fall! One of the things I love about living in Colorado is that there’s a definite difference between the seasons; on the flip side, that definite difference always makes me a little sick, so I’m planning to spend this weekend hanging out in my pajamas, hopefully getting a lot of knitting done. I got a little sidetracked by nail polish this week and got nothing done; and by nothing, I mean I only knit about 40 yds of yarn. Between two projects. Oops. But my nails look awesome!
- You all know I’m a sucker for stranded colorwork, and this hat is no exception. I have no idea what the motifs on the Uppländsk Fågelkrans hat ($5) are, but I love them.
- I know a lot of my friends love the Miette Cardigan by Andi Satterlund. I do too, but I’m not sure about cropped cardigans on my body. Andi’s newest pattern Agatha ($6.50) is another cropped cardigan, but I think it would be pretty easy to add some length to this sweater.
- Jared Flood over at Brooklyn Tweed has another knitting eBook available, simply titled Fall. This time he teams up with Leila Raabe and Michele Wang to create a collection of crisp fall knits. My faves are Ashby and Peabody.
- Derya at Laylock is at it again, this time with the stunning Cornflower Garden Hat (£3). As always, Derya’s attention to detail is breathtaking, mirroring the cornflower stitch in the tassels and making this a super customizable hat with the drawstring band (or, as she points out, a little carry-all bag!).
- Apparently I’m a little obsessed with motorcycle-jacket styling, and Cirilia Rose and the Berroco team are on top of that. Andre is a FREE jacket pattern. Just look at those lapels! And the stitch definition! And structure! I’m swooning, people. Swooning!
Categories: Friday Finds