It’s been a cold, snowy week in much of Colorado, great for wearing hand knits! Today I ventured out, briefly, in my Stonecutter’s Cardigan, Graham hat, Oh Deer mitts, and Snicket socks. (And jeans and a t-shirt and a puffy coat, but I didn’t make those things.)
The blog’s been really quiet—not because I haven’t been knitting (I’m super close to joining the sleeves and knitting the yoke of my Plum Rondo!), but because I’ve been busy and easily distracted. I’m hoping to get back on track with updating in February—not that anything will be less busy, but I like feeling the sense of accomplishment that I get when I blog. No, it’s not climbing Everest, but some days it feels that way.
Anyway, if it’s cold and/or snowy where you are (and that seems to be most of the states right now!), here are some patterns to start knitting! Pro tip: Yarn in the lap keeps you warmer than yarn in the stash.
- Päivi Mäkinen, Lucem Shawl (free)
- Therese Sharp, JohnLock Mittens (SEK 40)
- Josée Paquin, Carrie (CAD$4)
- yarnpaint, Sir Gawain ($4)
- S. L. Myers, Deco Meets Nouveau Toe Up Sock ($2.50)
- iaoey, Echinus (free)
- Elizabeth Brassard, Bicolor Hat ($5)
- Vivian Aubrey, Tovi ($5.50)
- Megan Goodacre, Gatineau Hat (CAD$5)
All project photos are taken from the individual Ravelry pattern pages unless otherwise noted. No copyright infringement intended.
Categories: Friday Finds